Please read carefully the following terms and conditions.
In completing and submitting the Booking Form, you agree to be bound by these conditions which form the agreement between Ventouro Limited and you.Cancellations/refunds/transfers
- If you wish to cancel your tour, please notify Ventouro in writing. Once Ventouro receives your notice, cancellation will take effect subject to the following:
- If cancellation occurs outside 60 days of the departure date you will forfeit your full deposit.
- If cancellation occurs between 60-30 days prior to departure you will forfeit 50% of the tour price.
- If cancellation occurs within 30 days of departure you will forfeit 100% of the tour price.
- If you wish to cancel your place on a training camp, please notify Ventouro in writing. Once Ventouro receives your notice, cancellation will take effect subject to the following:
- If cancellation occurs outside 60 days of the start date you will forfeit your full deposit, or 30% of the camp price.
- If cancellation occurs between 60-30 days prior to start date you will forfeit 50% of the camp price.
- If cancellation occurs within 30 days of start date you will forfeit 100% of the camp price.
- If you wish to cancel your Bike Fit or One-on-One coaching session, please notify at least 24hrs prior to appointment. If cancellation occurs within 24hrs of service you will forfeit 50% of the total price.
Advertised prices are based on ground costs, fuel prices, exchange rates and assumptions made at the time of printing the brochure. Ventouro tries its utmost not to increase prices however sometimes increases are outside its control. Ventouro reserves the right to amend tour prices at any time before and including the departure date. Amendments may be necessitated for many reasons including, but not limited to, increased fuel costs, increases in ground services or exchange rate fluctuations. Any increase in tour prices must be paid prior to the departure date.
Note: A small surcharge may apply for some tours during Easter, Christmas & New Year holidays where additional costs may be levied to meet statutory obligations. We will advise clients, prior to departure and tours affected are highlighted with * throughout the brochure /website.
Cancellation due to Booking Numbers
Ventouro reserves the right to cancel any tour or camp prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked on a tour in which case you will be given a full refund of payments you have made to Ventouro. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage or for any loss of time or inconvenience, which may result from the cancellation.
Full personal travel insurance including accident, illness and travel cancellation is strongly recommended for all of our tours to guard against the unexpected. If, at any stage, you experience unexpected changes to your schedule, please call and discuss these matters, either with your booking agent, or alternatively, contact us directly.
Ventouro reserves the right to:
- Change the date of departure or conclusion of the tour, or, modify any aspect of the tour, or
- Cancel or modify any routes with the tour or objectives set out in the itinerary, or
- Substitute different or equivalent routes within the tour in place of cancelled or modified routes, or
- Postpone, cancel or delay any such aspect of the tour if in the absolute discretion of Ventouro, it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions which may affect the safety of participants and guides of the group.
Health and Fitness requirements
To fully enjoy and benefit from your holiday experience you should be in good health and physical condition. We recommend that you follow our grading system and preparation recommendations before departure. If you have a medical, physical or mental condition you must disclose this to us upon booking. You are also obliged to do the same once you have booked where a medical condition becomes evident leading up to departure. We require our medical form be completed by you and returned to us at the time of making your balance payment.
If you bring and ride your own bike on your trip, you hereby confirm and acknowledge that: it shall be suitable for your trip, well maintained and in good condition; and you shall be solely responsible for assembling, repairing and maintaining your bike during your trip If you rent a bike from us during your trip, we hereby confirm and acknowledge that: it shall be suitable for your trip, well maintained and in good condition; and we shall be solely responsible for assembling, repairing and maintaining your rented bike during your trip and you agree that you shall not attempt to assemble, repair or maintain your rented bike during your trip.
Airlines and other transport providers
These conditions are not issued on behalf of, and do not commit any airlines, whose services may be used in conjunction with a Ventouro tour or camp. Should an airline amend or cancel a scheduled flight, such an amendment or cancellation will not be considered a cancellation of the tour by Ventouro and any flights or other transport that is outside the control of Ventouro, is subject to the conditions of the carrying airline or other transport entity.
If Ventouro is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, fire, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party or any other cause whatsoever outside Ventouros’ reasonable control, Ventouro will be under no liability to you and may, at its option, by written notice, either cancel the tour or arrange alternative tour arrangements.
Assumption of Risk and safety declaration
You acknowledge that:
- By its very nature of adventure travel can be more challenging and demanding with a commensurately higher level of risk compared with conventional holidays, and involve potential exposure to injury and possibly death, and:
- Operational control of the tour may be in the hands of a third party and that your right of action in regard to any shortcoming of that third party’s performance is against the third party and not against Ventouro, and
- The additional dangers and risks associated with adventure travel may include difficult and dangerous terrain, extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes, remoteness from normal medical services and from communications and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury
- We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel any activity if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person.
- You must follow our instructions and use any safety equipment provided at all times. For the above reasons you accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
Release and Waiver of Liability
In consideration of Ventouro accepting your booking and in consideration of you being permitted by Ventouro to join the tour to the extent permitted by law, you:
- release, waive, discharge, hold harmless and agree to indemnify Ventouro and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other representatives and the land management authorities in New Zealand from all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, loss profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise out of or occur during your travel in connection with the tour or any activities conducted in conjunction there within unless caused by the wilful negligence or wrongful act of Ventouro and its employees: and regardless of the situation of circumstances giving rise to the claim you waive any claims you have, or may at any time have, against Ventouro and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the tour, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Ventouro and its employees in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour.
To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This is subject to any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantee Act 1993 if booking in NZ. If sections of the Act do apply Ventouro’s liability is limited to resupplying the services or paying the costs of resupplying the services, whichever is the lesser.
WARNING: Under New Zealand law it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to sue anyone if you are injured and/or suffer disruption in your travel arrangements. Ventouro holds a current public liability insurance policy covering all tours advertised by Ventouro.
Your booking and all operations undertaken by Ventouro are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
The information supplied by you on the booking form will only be used by Ventouro. However, in the unlikely event of an accident, any special medical or personal information may be supplied to medical or emergency services personnel.